Last Modified: XII 2020
This Policy summarizes (i) the general information We collect when you access our website at www.fabscale.com (the “Website”) and/or when you use any Fabscale products or services (collectively referred to herein as “Services”), (ii) how We use such information, and (iii) with whom such information is shared.
This Policy applies to the information We collect (i) on this Website; (ii) in email communication on the Website with you; and (iii) through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services. Please read this Policy carefully to understand how your data is collected and handled. By accessing the Website or the Application or by transmitting information to us electronically or in hard copy, or by otherwise using our Services, you agree with the terms of this Policy and consent to Fabscale’s collection, use and disclosure of your data as described below.
Fabscale’s Website includes links to other websites which privacy practices may differ from those of Fabscale. If you submit personal information while browsing these websites, your information is subject to their privacy policies. Fabscale encourages you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit through such links.
Your privacy is critically important to us. Therefore, We have a few fundamental principles:
- We do not ask you for personal information / data unless it is required to provide functionality or service.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, to develop our Services, or protect our rights.
- We treat your personal information with the highest regard to privacy and security.
The Services are operated, and maintained by:
Sterzinger Straße 1
as controller pursuant to Art 4 (7) GDPR and operator of this Website. Further details are provided in the imprint of the Website which you can also use to contact us or exercise your rights.
Data Collection and Storage
We collect and store several types of information / data from and about users of our Website and Services, including the following information:
Information You Provide
To use the Services, you first must complete the registration form and agree to our Terms of Service. During registration you will be required to provide personal information such as your forename, surname, e-mail address, postal address, country of residence, company name and password. Fabscale will also collect your credit card or other payment information if you choose to become a paying customer.
There are several other chances you might share personal information with Fabscale. These may include information about your equipment (e.g. roast machine manufacturer), employee names and suppliers.
You may decide to send Fabscale personally identifying information in an email message which might contain information or inquiries about Fabscale’s Services. Fabscale will use this information to identify you as a Fabscale customer and to respond to the electronic mail. Fabscale will only use the information obtained to resolve the issue identified in the e-mail.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may automatically collect information using “cookies” and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website, and web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or in our emails. They are used, for example, to count Website visits or to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. Cookies help Fabscale, among other things, to keep you logged into the Services, so you do not have to re-enter your username and password repeatedly during a session; perform traffic analysis; identify visitor preferences; conduct A/B testing; diagnose problems with our servers, and otherwise administer the Services.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service or access certain parts of our Website.
When you use the Service, We automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Service’s log files. This information may include the device’s protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, operating system, Java version, Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), error messages, date and time stamps associated with the transactions, the website you visited before visiting the Website, information you search for on the Website, your mobile carrier, metadata concerning the Services, and other interactions with the Service. We use this data for analysis and troubleshooting.
This Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help the Website analyze how users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity for Website operators and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage.
Google Analytics records data such as your geographic location, device, internet browser and operating system. We request Google Analytics to apply IP anonymization, so your computer’s IP address is masked.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters. By registering for the receipt of the newsletter, you expressly agree to the sending of newsletters to the e-mail-address provided by you by means of the “double-opt-in” procedure in accordance with section 107 TKG (“Telekommunikationsgesetz”). We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and do not pass it on to third parties – except for our newsletter provider. The processing of the personal data entered in the newsletter registration form is based exclusively on your consent (Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR). You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data, the e-mail-address and their use for sending the newsletter at any time, e.g. via the link to “unsubscribe”. Unsubscribing revokes consent in accordance with section 107 TKG. The legality of the data processing operations already effected remains unaffected. The data you provide for the purpose of receiving the newsletter will be stored by us until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Data that has been stored by us for other purposes remains unaffected.
This Website uses the services of MailChimp for sending newsletters, provided by Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. MailChimp is a service with which, among others, the distribution of newsletters can be organized and analyzed. When you enter data for the purpose of receiving newsletters (e.g. e-mail-address), this data is stored on MailChimp’s servers in the USA. MailChimp ensures a comparable level of data protection during data transfer by concluding so-called standard data protection contract clauses (SCC) according to Article 46 paragraph 2 lit. c GDPR. For further information please visit: https://mailchimp.com/legal/data-processing-addendum/. With the help of MailChimp, we can analyze our newsletter campaigns. By opening an e-mail sent with MailChimp, a file contained in the e-mail (so-called web-beacon) connects to MailChimp’s servers in the USA. This way, it is possible to determine, whether a newsletter message has been opened and which links, if any, have been clicked. In addition to that, technical information is recorded (e.g. time of retrieval, IP-address, browser type and operating system) This information cannot be assigned to the respective newsletter recipient. It is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better adapt future newsletters to the interests of the recipients.
Emails and Contact Forms
Pages on the Website have a contact button, which activates your email software, or a contact form to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected and processed only to the extent provided by you and necessary to reply to your inquiry.
All of the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary.
The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors (email transfer and file storage) whether the information is sent electronically or physical format and not retained longer than necessary.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the job you have applied for.
Use of Your Information
We will only use information (including personal information) held about you for the following purposes:
Information you provide
- To present our Website and its contents to you (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Fabscale.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Fabscale (Art 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
- To allow Fabscale to provide you with the Services (Art 6 (1) (b) GDPR).
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- To administer your account and keep track of billing and payments / claims management (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (your express approval provided – see section “Newsletter” and Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR).
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
Information we collect about you
- To administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- To improve our Service to ensure that content is presented in the most effective way for you and for the device you use (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we use, and to provide you with relevant advertising (Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
By using the Service, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service.
- Provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service.
- Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Fabscale will only share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- To Fabscales subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To Fabscales contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor of Fabscale in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Fabscales assets, whether as an ongoing business or in case of bankruptcy, liquidation, or other similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Fabscale about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- If Fabscale determines that it is required to do so by law; such as in response to a court order or subpoena;
- If Fabscale finds that you are in breach of its terms of service or any of its policies or usage guidelines for specific products or Services, including any agreements regarding billing and collection;
- If Fabscale determines it is necessary to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Services or Fabscales network;
- If Fabscale believes disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fabscale or its employees, the users of its Services, or the public; or
- If disclosure facilitates technical and administrative aspects of the Services (e.g., credit card processing), offering customer service, or perform functions related to the administration of them (e.g. hosting services). However, Fabscale is not responsible in the event that personal information is disclosed at a result of a breach or security lapse by any such third party.
Protection of Your Personal Information
Fabscale has implemented reasonable security mechanisms to protect personal information that is maintained on Fabscale’s servers from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Examples for these security mechanisms include limited and password-protected access, high security public/private keys, and SSL encryption to protect transmission of data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. In case you were provided with (or where you have chosen) a password tor access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
However, please keep in mind that no security system is impenetrable. It may be possible for third parties to intercept or access personal information in spite of these measures. Fabscale cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot be held responsible for unauthorized access to Fabscale client accounts or any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Website.
Policy Toward Children (Art 8 GDPR)
If you are under 18, or otherwise not legally competent, you may only use the Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. Additionally, Fabscale ‘s Services are not directed to persons under 13, and Fabscale does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register for any features on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If We become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to delete such information from our files.
If you wish to subscribe to our marketing communications, we will use your name and email address to send communications to you. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may elect to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails.
Access to information
You have the right to access personal data held about you.
Right to deletion, rectification and data export
You also have the right to have your personal data rectified, transmitted, their processing restricted or deleted, should the data be incorrect or should the basis for processing personal data cease to apply (Art 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 GDPR).
We retain Personal Data for as long as we provide the Services to you or your account remains active. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Service, for the purposes set out below.After you have closed your account we may retain Personal Data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, offer new features you may be interested in, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data / information or should be of the opinion that the processing of you personal data infringes applicable data protection laws or your claims pursuant to data protection laws you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Art 77 GDPR).
Where we store your Personal Data
Fabscale welcomes your questions and comments about security and privacy. Please send any questions or comments via email to email@example.com.
Sterzinger Straße 1